This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.07 / 52°4'11"N
Longitude: -1.3754 / 1°22'31"W
OS Eastings: 442908
OS Northings: 241470
OS Grid: SP429414
Mapcode National: GBR 7SS.138
Mapcode Global: VHCW7.37QJ
Entry Name: Park Farmhouse and Abutting Tack Room and Stable
Listing Date: 8 December 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369592
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244561
Location: Drayton, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX15
Civil Parish: Drayton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Drayton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
DRAYTON STRATFORD ROAD
11/5 Park Farmhouse and abutting
08/12/55 tack room and stable
Farmhouse, Dated GJG 1683. 2 builds. C17 origins with later alterations from C18
to C20. Datestone above doorway on east elevation. Garden front. Left part.
Squared, coursed ironstone. Raised C20-tile roof. Renewed brick ridge and end
stacks on left. Stone end stack on right with partly brick shaft. 4-unit plan. 2
storeys. Panelled/glazed door off-centre to right. Overlight with geometrical
glazing bars. Entrance is flanked by 2-light C20 windows. 4 similar first floor
windows. Stone flat arches throughout. C20 flat roofed dormers. Coped stone
gable on right. C17 part on right. Coursed, squared ironstone rubble. Steeply
pitched corrugated asbestos roof. Two-unit plan. 2 storeys. 2-window range.
Ground floor has 2-light C20 windows in original openings. First floor has two
3-light casement windows with wood lintels. C20 single storey extension on left.
Rear. C18 part has 2 entrances with renewed plank doors, the (reset?) datestone
is above the left door at first floor level. Entrance into C17 part on left via
stable/tackroom. Plank door. Interior. C18 part has stone flag floor, wreathed
handrail to staircase and boxed beams. C17 part has stone flag floors, wide
fireplace with arched head and chamfered beams. Tackroom and stable, C18 and
C19, squared coursed ironstone, Corrugated iron roofs, Entrance has plank door.
Park Farmhouse is probably the house occupied by Elias Jackman in 1665. Part of
the North family estate bought by Trinity College, Oxford in 1935.
(VCH: Oxfordshire, Vol IX, p104)
Listing NGR: SP4290841470
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings