This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.4435 / 53°26'36"N
Longitude: -0.8466 / 0°50'47"W
OS Eastings: 476709
OS Northings: 394704
OS Grid: SK767947
Mapcode National: GBR QXJM.J9
Mapcode Global: WHFFQ.ZP1Z
Entry Name: Misterton Methodist Church
Listing Date: 23 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370382
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241171
Location: Misterton, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, DN10
Civil Parish: Misterton
Built-Up Area: Misterton
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Misterton
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 79 SE MISTERTON HIGH STREET
Methodist church, 1878. Red brick with blue brick, gault brick
and ashlar dressings. Brick plinth, 2 string courses, sill band,
moulded cornice, cogged and dentillated eaves, stone coped
parapet and gable, with 5 projecting panelled pilaster caps. 2
storeys, 5 bays. Romanesque style facade has central round-
headed doorway with hood mould, keystone and rusticated panels,
supported by polished granite shafts with moulded bases and
waterleaf capitals, containing double door with stained glass
overlight. Flanked by single gault brick pilasters with
Corinthian capitals, and beyond, similar corner pilasters.
Above, central round arched opening with hood mould, containing
paired round headed fixed lights with 3 granite shafts with
waterleaf capitals. Curved brackets to sill band. Above,
roundel in spandrel inscribed '1878'. Flanked by single round
headed fixed lights with bracketed sills and stone lintels.
Above, quatrefoil opening in gable. South side has, to east,
five 2 light casements with segmental gault brick heads, in
recessed panels; above, 4 similar casements with round gault
brick heads. Above, to west, three 2 light and one single light
casements with segmental heads. Entrance hall has single doors
either side, flanked by panelled curved stairs to gallery.
Interior has matchboard dado, deep moulded decoratiuve cornice,
plaster foliate ceiling bosses. Windows, all with patterned
stained glass. At rear, 3 round cast-iron columns carrying
curved timber gallery. At front, moulded coffered elliptical
arch flanked by antae with leaf capitals. Panelled screen with
part glazed door either side; above, elaborate panelled organ
gallery with matching organ case. Fittings include large
traceried panelled pulpit on curved brackets, flanked by curved
stairs with square turned balusters. Matchboarded surround to
communion table; communion rail with square turned balusters. 3
matching chairs, plain chamfered pine pews. Memorial tablets
1877 and 1924.
Listing NGR: SK7670194700
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings