This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.9714 / 54°58'17"N
Longitude: -2.1013 / 2°6'4"W
OS Eastings: 393613
OS Northings: 564094
OS Grid: NY936640
Mapcode National: GBR FBRY.WP
Mapcode Global: WHB2C.P9LP
Entry Name: Shambles
Listing Date: 2 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1370800
English Heritage Legacy ID: 239165
Location: Hexham, Northumberland, NE46
Civil Parish: Hexham
Built-Up Area: Hexham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Hexham
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NY 9364 1/5
Covered market erected by Sir Walter Blackett in 1766 with stone columns. 9 x 3 bays. Stone columns to front, back columns of wood. Moulded cast iron gutter. Shallow double pitched slate roof.
St Andrew's Church together with the listed buildings in the Market Place form a group, of which Nos 8, 10 and 16 are of local interest.
Listing NGR: NY9361364095
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings