This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6284 / 52°37'42"N
Longitude: -2.4852 / 2°29'6"W
OS Eastings: 367253
OS Northings: 303518
OS Grid: SJ672035
Mapcode National: GBR BW.7GVX
Mapcode Global: WH9DG.S6R9
Entry Name: Church of St Luke
Listing Date: 26 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1374904
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362152
Location: The Gorge, Telford and Wrekin, TF8
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: The Gorge
Built-Up Area: Telford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Ironbridge
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
IRONBRIDGE CHURCH HILL
5362 (south-west side)
Church of St Luke
SJ 6703 NW 15/292 26.3.68
1836 by Thomas Smith of Madeley. Built by a syndicate of ironmasters. Buff-coloured
brick Gothick church with stone dressings and Welsh slate roof. Wide nave with pairs
of lancets with lozenge-shaped pane iron-frame windows and gabled buttresses between.
Gabled apse with tripartite lancets. West tower in 3 stages, with octagonal angle
turrets with stone pinnacles and embattled parapet, lancet bell-openings and clock
face below. West doorway at base of tower.
Interior: 3 galleries. Stained glass in east window probably by Evans.
Similar to Christ Church Wellington q.v. also by Thomas Smith.
Listing NGR: SJ6725303518
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings