This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5158 / 51°30'57"N
Longitude: -0.1044 / 0°6'15"W
OS Eastings: 531627
OS Northings: 181360
OS Grid: TQ316813
Mapcode National: GBR NB.QS
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.45N9
Plus Code: 9C3XGV8W+86
Entry Name: Number 26 (Formerly Known As Numbers 26 and 27)
Listing Date: 15 August 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1375267
English Heritage Legacy ID: 466152
Location: City of London, London, EC4A
District: City and County of the City of London
Electoral Ward/Division: Farringdon Within
Built-Up Area: City of London
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): City of London
Church of England Parish: St Sepulchre Holborn
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 3181 SE FARRINGDON STREET, EC4
627/8/10183 No.26 (formerly known as
Nos. 26 and 27)
Former printing machinery works. Dated 1886. T Knowles Green, architect. Red brick with terracotta dressing. Tiled roof. Asymmetrical composition in Flemish Renaissance style.
EXTERIOR: 4 storeys with attic; 3 wide bays with narrow entrance bay to the south, with projecting, turretted bay above entrance. One central bay of paired windows flanked by bays with tripartite windows and segmental, gabled dormers in the attic. The ground divided laterally and vertically into 4 sections: the lower part is rusticated, the pilasters above are channelled and divide 3 shallow, segmental-headed windows and a narrow entrance. A horizontal, decorative band divides the upper and lower parts of the large windows. A decorated, terracotta cornice separates the upper floors from the largely glazed ground and first floors; an elaborate frieze is repeated on the gables. Converted into offices.
INTERIOR: No features of special interest visible.
Listing NGR: TQ3162681362
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings