History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Richmond Place

A Grade II Listed Building in Boughton, Cheshire West and Chester

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1923 / 53°11'32"N

Longitude: -2.8733 / 2°52'23"W

OS Eastings: 341751

OS Northings: 366493

OS Grid: SJ417664

Mapcode National: GBR 7B.2Y9P

Mapcode Global: WH88F.T1Y0

Plus Code: 9C5V54RG+WM

Entry Name: Richmond Place

Listing Date: 28 July 1955

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1375699

English Heritage Legacy ID: 469678

Location: Cheshire West and Chester, CH3

County: Cheshire West and Chester

Electoral Ward/Division: Boughton

Built-Up Area: Chester

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire

Church of England Parish: Chester St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Hough Green

Description


CHESTER CITY (EM)

SJ4166 BOUGHTON
1932-1/6/14 (North side)
28/07/55 Nos.125 AND 127
Richmond Place

GV II

Pair of town houses, later offices. Early C19 altered
internally. Flemish bond brown brick; stucco; grey slate roof.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys, 4 windows. Ionic stone verandah has a
pair of columns between each window-bay and one column to each
side of the narrower entrance-bay at each end, all on a 3-step
stylobate; replaced railings, simplified. Stucco ground floor
with pilasters to entrance bays; door to right of 6 fielded
panels, to left altered to a 2 fielded panels, 2 glazed panels
and simple overlight; 4 recessed 12-pane sashes. Entablature
to verandah has frieze, cornice and parapet of stone with
panels of 11;12;12;11 vase balusters; 4 full-height 15-pane
sashes with cornices beneath brick tympani of round-ended
sills and slightly cambered gauged brick heads; stone cornice
with vase finials; a central ridge chimney. Added bay, left,
with no features of special note.
The rear has an altered rear wing of 2 low storeys with some
horizontally-sliding sashes, painted stone sills. Rear of main
block displays 2 recessed 16-pane ground-floor sashes, two
12-pane first floor sashes and four of 9 panes to second floor
with painted stone sills and gauged brick heads; a lead
rainwater pipe and head.
INTERIOR altered post 1972. Original open-string dogleg stair
with shaped brackets, turned newel, moulded cast-iron
balusters and swept rail. Panelled embrasures; door
architraves; a few C19 doors including shaped pair in
Tudor-arched opening between main block and left wing; one or
two early C19 fireplace surrounds; some plaster cornices;
moulded plaster ceiling to a first-floor front room.


Listing NGR: SJ4175166493

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.