This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5034 / 51°30'12"N
Longitude: -0.1052 / 0°6'18"W
OS Eastings: 531607
OS Northings: 179974
OS Grid: TQ316799
Mapcode National: GBR NH.J7
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.4G7V
Entry Name: 74, Blackfriars Road
Listing Date: 27 September 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1376589
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470594
Location: Southwark, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Cathedrals
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Southwark Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3179 BLACKFRIARS ROAD
636-1/4/64 (West side)
House with ground floor shop, part of terrace. Late C18. Brick
with early C19 stucco front with cornice and blocking course.
4 storeys, 3 bays. Carved herms either side of timber shop
front (ground floor, left 2 bays) support cornice which
extends to right over private entrance, supported on carved
consoles. Door round-arched with pilasters, cornice head and
radial fanlight. Modern glazing to shop front. Windows with
flat painted stucco architraves at 1st floor; eared moulded
architraves with keystones at 2nd floor; plain reveals at 3rd
floor. All are sashes with glazing bars. 2nd-floor sill band.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ3160779974
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings