This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5207 / 51°31'14"N
Longitude: -0.1341 / 0°8'2"W
OS Eastings: 529552
OS Northings: 181849
OS Grid: TQ295818
Mapcode National: GBR G9.11
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.M1GK
Entry Name: Glen House
Listing Date: 11 January 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1379030
English Heritage Legacy ID: 478395
Location: Camden, London, WC1E
Electoral Ward/Division: Bloomsbury
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Giles-in-the-Fields
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2981NE ALFRED MEWS
798-1/99/1641 Glen House
See under: Nos.200-208 Glen House TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD.
TQ2981NE TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD
798-1/99/1641 (East side)
Includes: Glen House ALFRED MEWS.
Light industrial building, now offices. Southern half, Nos
204-8, 1913-14 by Hobden and Porri; northern half, Nos 200-3,
built c1923 in fascimile by Ernest Souster. Originally built
for the Bosch Magneto Co. Mannerist style.
5 storeys. 13 bays. Pillars with grooved panels and
rectangular blocks flank ground floor openings. Upper floors
have austere full height pilasters culminating in intricate
Mannerist brackets supporting the parapet with geometrically
patterned cast-iron railings flanked by stone dies. 1st to 3rd
floor windows metal framed half-columns transom and mullion
with enriched spandrel panels; 3rd floor under stone arched
heads. 4th floor metal framed with stone half columns flanked
by the brackets. Clock inscribed "Glen House" on elaborately
enriched wall bracket at 1st floor level. Design continues on
returns to Alfred Mews and Chenies Street; Alfred Mews facade
with triple doorway of grooved pilasters.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ2955281849
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings