This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5361 / 51°32'9"N
Longitude: -0.1464 / 0°8'47"W
OS Eastings: 528655
OS Northings: 183539
OS Grid: TQ286835
Mapcode National: GBR C3.9J
Mapcode Global: VHGQS.DNY9
Entry Name: York and Albany Public House
Listing Date: 15 February 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1380134
English Heritage Legacy ID: 479630
Location: Camden, London, NW1
Electoral Ward/Division: Regent's Park
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Magdalene Munster Sq.
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2883 NE PARKWAY
Nos 127 and 129
798-1/76/10154 York and Albany Public House
Public House (No.129) and stables (No.127). No.129 of c. 1826-7, No.127 mid C19. Earliest building associated with the Park Village East development by John Nash on land leased by himself. Stuccoed brick; slate roofs.
EXTERIOR of No.129: north front of 3 storeys; 5-window range. Glazed tile ground floor inserted 19205 divided into 3 bays and glazed between the piers, wrapping round into west elevation. First floor with 5 arched French windows. Moulded string course at second floor, which is lit through 5313 unhorned sashes. Moulded cornice and balustraded parapet. 2 stacks on east wall plane, one to west wall.
West elevation is 5-window range. Ground floor with 2 blocked ground-floor windows to right of 19205 frontage. Stucco scored as rustication. First-floor platband. 2 blind first-floor windows to left and 2616 unhorned sashes to right. Moulded second-floor string course continues. Second floor with 2 blind windows and 2313 unhorned sashes, separated by a blocked window. Balustraded parapet continues. Attached to south is a 2-storey; one-window range extension of early C20.
INTERIOR of No.129: ground floor opened into single retail area. Front wall supported on cast-iron columns. Bar counters and shelves of 19705. To rear, in former billiard room, is a pyramid iron-framed roof light. Stick baluster open-string staircase with a ramped and wreathed handrail. First-floor assembly room occupies entire north frontage, with an office partitioned off at the east end.
EXTERIOR of No.127: 2 storeys; 3-window range. Double timber carriage doors to left of a pedestrian door and a blind window. 3313 unhorned sashes to first floor. Roof with internal gable end stack to east. INTERIOR of No.127: paved stable flooring. Partitions and fittings removed.
Other nearby listed buildings