This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1378 / 52°8'16"N
Longitude: -1.6892 / 1°41'20"W
OS Eastings: 421370
OS Northings: 248876
OS Grid: SP213488
Mapcode National: GBR 4MD.ZQW
Mapcode Global: VHBY6.NJVJ
Entry Name: Middle Wymson Farm
Listing Date: 2 August 1972
Last Amended: 27 April 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1382692
English Heritage Legacy ID: 483076
Location: Whitchurch, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Whitchurch
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Whitchurch St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1912-1/6/183 Shepherd's Close
Two houses, probably originally farmhouse, now single house.
C16/C17 with later alterations and C20 restoration.
Timber-frame with brick infill, rear partly re-fronted in
brick; hipped thatched roof with brick stack to rear of ridge.
EXTERIOR: east elevations: Single storey plus attic; 2 gabled
wings flank central glazed lean-to porch to entrance, small
2-light raking dormer above; wing to left is square-framed,
with one window with 3-light leaded casement to each floor;
wing to right is brick, partly reconstructed, with C20
windows, 2 single-light windows to ground floor and 3-light
Left return of left wing has square framing, blocked entrance
with a pair of windows to left and window to right, all with
2-light casements; 2 raking dormers with C20 casements flank
narrow stair light.
Right return has entrance with plank and stud door and varied
fenestration including C19 segmental-headed window to right
Rear has square framing to right end, central canted bay
window with hipped thatch roof over 1:3:1-light leaded
glazing, C20 window with 3-light casement to left end, and
window with 2-light casement to right; 1st floor has central
raking dormer with 3-light casement, with 2 windows to left
with 2-light casements; all windows with leaded glazing.
INTERIOR: has chamfered beams and timber-framed walls; room to
south-west has partition beam to floor with no corresponding
mortices to ceiling beam, possibly a cow house; room to
north-east wing has exposed cut-through stone plinth and sill
beam, suggesting wing is later addition.
Listing NGR: SP2137048876
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings