History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

K6 Telephone Kiosk Beside Churchyard

A Grade II Listed Building in Sedbergh, Cumbria

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.3235 / 54°19'24"N

Longitude: -2.5285 / 2°31'42"W

OS Eastings: 365724

OS Northings: 492116

OS Grid: SD657921

Mapcode National: GBR BLSF.DX

Mapcode Global: WH944.4L7F

Entry Name: K6 Telephone Kiosk Beside Churchyard

Listing Date: 28 February 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1384192

English Heritage Legacy ID: 484625

Location: Sedbergh, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA10

County: Cumbria

District: South Lakeland

Civil Parish: Sedbergh

Built-Up Area: Sedbergh

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Sedbergh, Cautley and Garsdale

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

Find accommodation in
Sedbergh

Listing Text


SEDBERGH

SD6592SE MAIN STREET, Sedbergh Town
162-1/26/426 (South side)
28/02/89 K6 Telephone Kiosk beside churchyard
(Formerly Listed as:
MAIN STREET
K6 Telephone Kiosk outside the
church)

GV II

Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert
Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast-iron. Square kiosk
with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin
glazing to windows and door.

Listing NGR: SD6572192115

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.