This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4457 / 53°26'44"N
Longitude: -1.9696 / 1°58'10"W
OS Eastings: 402118
OS Northings: 394321
OS Grid: SK021943
Mapcode National: GBR GXPL.DK
Mapcode Global: WHB9S.QN9C
Plus Code: 9C5WC2WJ+75
Entry Name: Holy Trinity Church
Listing Date: 29 January 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1384221
English Heritage Legacy ID: 484654
Location: Dinting, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK13
Electoral Ward/Division: Dinting
Built-Up Area: Glossop
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Dinting Vale Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK0294 DINTING VALE
921-1/1/114 Holy Trinity Church
Anglican church. 1897, extended 1931. By Mills and Murgatroyd,
of Manchester, architects, for the Woodd-Sidebottom family,
patrons. Coursed squared gritstone with ashlar dressings, with
a Welsh slate roof covering.
STYLE: Early English Gothic Revival.
EXTERIOR: aligned north-west to south-east, with entrance
tower and spire at west corner, nave, liturgical north and
south aisles, apsidal chancel, vestry and choir vestry.
3-stage tower with full-height angle buttresses with set-offs,
terminating at gabled pinnacles at the angles of crenellated
parapets. Tall octagonal spire with weather vane. 5-bay nave
with steeply-pitched roof and coped gables. Clerestory with
triple lancets to each bay. Aisles with lean-to roofs and
coupled lancets to each bay, bay divisions delineated by
INTERIOR: nave arcades of circular gritstone columns with
simply-moulded capitals, support light-coloured brick walling
with decorative red brick banding. Tall pinted and stepped
chancel arch, with irregular gritstone quoining. Arched roof
trusses carried on corbels at clerestory cill level. Chancel
with roof trusses carried on corbels with carved figures.
Pointed arched organ recess to right, with organ of 1882.
Altar with wooden reredos, choir benches with fitted
overthrows carrying candles and patterned floor tiling below
altar. Nave with complete set of benches and partially glazed
screen with church wardens' pew at west end. Font at west end
of south aisle with circular Bath stone blowl set upon a shaft
of red Cork marble.
Listing NGR: SK0211894321
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings