This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1512 / 51°9'4"N
Longitude: -0.5824 / 0°34'56"W
OS Eastings: 499248
OS Northings: 140063
OS Grid: SU992400
Mapcode National: GBR FDH.PLJ
Mapcode Global: VHFW0.VBH9
Entry Name: Kitchen Garden Walls at Hascombe Court Including Attached Glasshouses
Listing Date: 15 September 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1384907
English Heritage Legacy ID: 485366
Location: Busbridge, Waverley, Surrey, GU8
Civil Parish: Busbridge
Built-Up Area: Hascombe
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Hascombe
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94 SE Kitchen garden walls at Hascombe Court
1801/4/10019 including attached glasshouses
Kitchen garden walls and attached glasshouses. Built by J D Coleridge c1906-7 as part of the works at Hascombe Court. Kitchen garden walls comprise a square enclosure of Bargate stone walls ranging in height from about 2 feet to 8 feet with tiled coping which is triangular in shape to the north side. It incorporates four central entrances, one on each side. The entrance on the southern side facing the house has square gatepiers with tiled caps and iron gates incorporating metal coronets and lilies, the opening to the western side has similar gatepiers and iron gates with scrollwork decoration, the northern entrance has a round-headed entrance with tiled keystones and bands of tiles representing quoins and the eastern entrance has an elaborate stepped surround with triangular tiled coping and three concentric tiled round-headed arches, the outer with keystone and bearing majolica round-headed plaques, the east facing side depicting a farmer sowing seeds in front of furrowed fields, the west facing side depicting a young man digging and iron gates with scrollwork decoration. Attached to the south side of the north west wall is a large early C20 glasshouse of 16 bays with brick plinth, wood and glass panels with side opening and top opening lights. Attached to the south side of the north east wall is later C20 stabling and the north side of the north wall has two early C20 Bargate stone outbuildings which have been altered and extended late in the century for adaptation as stabling. The walls are shown on the 25 inch OS map of 1912. .
Listing NGR: SU9924840063
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings