This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4332 / 51°25'59"N
Longitude: -0.0724 / 0°4'20"W
OS Eastings: 534089
OS Northings: 172226
OS Grid: TQ340722
Mapcode National: GBR HM.JDF
Mapcode Global: VHGRD.P7LN
Plus Code: 9C3XCWMH+72
Entry Name: Six Pillars
Listing Date: 16 January 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385456
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470853
Location: Southwark, London, SE26
Electoral Ward/Division: College
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: South Dulwich St Stephen
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3472SW CRESCENT WOOD ROAD
636-1/75/267 (South East side)
16/01/81 Six Pillars
House. 1935. By Harding and Tecton. Stock brick and concrete.
Named for the 6 cylindrical piers which support an overhanging
first floor and divide the ground floor into 5 unequal bays.
Central feature is a cylindrical brick stair shaft which rises
to give access to a roof terrace and is seen through a
balconied space in the tall concrete parapet. Concrete also
the first floor and the canted, recessed ground-floor right
bays which hold angled front door and a shaped, tapered seat.
First floor has continuous strip of top glazing. More
conventional windows of differing sizes in brick left section
of ground floor. Brick garage extension at left.
INTERIOR: severe, with detail deliberately suppressed. Stair
well lit by a large 2-storey rear window.
Listing NGR: TQ3408972226
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings