This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5017 / 51°30'5"N
Longitude: -0.0711 / 0°4'15"W
OS Eastings: 533979
OS Northings: 179843
OS Grid: TQ339798
Mapcode National: GBR XH.5W
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.QJ85
Plus Code: 9C3XGW2H+MH
Entry Name: New Concordia Wharf, South Block
Listing Date: 9 February 1982
Last Amended: 17 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385710
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471116
Location: Southwark, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Riverside
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Bermondsey St James with Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3379 MILL STREET
636-1/5/524 (West side)
New Concordia Wharf, south block
(Formerly Listed as:
St Saviour's Wharf; New Concordia
Wharf south warehouse block to Mill
Cornmill and warehouse, now in commercial and residential use.
1882, rebuilt 1894-8 after fire, restored and converted
1981-3. Stock brick with yellow brick dressings and plain
brick parapet with coping. Group of buildings arranged around
a yard on east side of St Saviour's Dock.
Street front of 6 storeys, 5 bays. Large segmental-arched
entranceway to ground-floor with hatch rank above has grey
brick bull-nosed reveals. Later segmental-arched entranceways
to ground-floor on left and right. Yellow, gauged-brick
segmental arches to all windows. Recessed drainpipes.
Return elevation to yard has similar details but with 4th- and
5th-floor windows in round-arched recesses.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Part of former St Saviour's Flour Mill; strong group value
with the other New Concordia Wharf buildings (qqv) and the
whole range of warehouses in Mill Street (qqv).
Listing NGR: TQ3397979843
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings