This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4723 / 53°28'20"N
Longitude: -2.276 / 2°16'33"W
OS Eastings: 381779
OS Northings: 397324
OS Grid: SJ817973
Mapcode National: GBR D9L.W8
Mapcode Global: WHB9G.0ZHF
Plus Code: 9C5VFPCF+WJ
Entry Name: Church of St Clement
Listing Date: 18 January 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386139
English Heritage Legacy ID: 471563
Location: Salford, M5
Electoral Ward/Division: Ordsall
Built-Up Area: Salford
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Ordsall and Salford Quays
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SJ89NW HULTON STREET
949-1/4/66 (North side)
18/01/80 Church of St Clement
Parish church. 1877-8. By Paley & Austin. Red brick and
terracotta with plain-tiled roof. Fleche over chancel clad in
Westmorland slate. C13 Gothic style. Nave with lean-to aisles,
clerestory and chancel.
EXTERIOR: nave and chancel divided by heavy buttress across
aisles, echoed in gablet or buttress in clerestory. 7 windows
to each aisle forming a continuous arcade. Each window of 3
lights linked by continuous hoodmould. Clerestory with
circular windows, sexfoiled or starred. Tall E window of 5
lights with intersecting tracery, and high relieving arch over
carrying slightly advanced gable with 3 stepped blind lancets.
Heavy angle buttresses at E end.
INTERIOR: high nave and chancel of 7 bays, with circular
sandstone columns to arcade. Brick vaulting with moulded ribs.
Doulton tiling to chancel, with murals depicting religious
scenes. Part of nave now partitioned off to form separate
Listing NGR: SJ8177997324
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings