This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1091 / 52°6'32"N
Longitude: -2.0736 / 2°4'24"W
OS Eastings: 395056
OS Northings: 245647
OS Grid: SO950456
Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.QKB
Mapcode Global: VHB0R.07MZ
Plus Code: 9C4V4W5G+MH
Entry Name: Western House
Listing Date: 11 February 1965
Last Amended: 30 March 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386924
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474338
Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10
Civil Parish: Pershore
Built-Up Area: Pershore
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Pershore
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO9545 BRIDGE STREET
648-1/5/16 (East side)
(Formerly Listed as:
House. c1800, refaced 1825. Red brick in Flemish bond with
painted stone dressings. Renewed plain tile roof,hipped at
rear, with moulded painted eaves cornice and two brick end
stacks, ashlar coping to right gable.
EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and cellar; 3-window range of 8/8 sashes
to 1st and ground floors, 4/12 sashes above, all with painted
channelled voussoirs, keystones and sill bands.
Doorcase to left of centre has 3/4 Tuscan columns, open
pediment, decorative fanlight, 6-panel door, 2 stone steps
with nosings, and iron scraper.
Elliptical-arched carriage entrance further left has rendered
roll-moulded surround with imposts and double 12-panel doors.
Moulded painted plinth with cellar grille. Date-plaque "ID
1825" records refacing.
Side elevation: partly of brick in English garden wall bond
and partly stuccoed, with dentilled eaves; 3 side-doors; one
Gothick window; stone voussoirs and keystones over sash
windows; rear wings of 3,2 and 1 storeys.
Rear elevation has full-length 20-pane sash to ground floor.
INTERIOR: many early-C19 features including shutters,
fireplaces, doors, floorboards, staircase and plaster
HISTORICAL NOTE: documents record clearance of site 1799.
Listing NGR: SO9505645647
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings