This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0593 / 53°3'33"N
Longitude: -1.0628 / 1°3'45"W
OS Eastings: 462910
OS Northings: 351748
OS Grid: SK629517
Mapcode National: GBR 9HV.84F
Mapcode Global: WHFHK.NC4J
Entry Name: Petrol Pump to East of the Forge
Listing Date: 4 May 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387166
English Heritage Legacy ID: 475079
Location: Oxton, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG25
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Oxton
Built-Up Area: Oxton
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Oxton
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 65 SW
Petrol Pump to
east of The Forge
Petrol pump. c1935. Square steel petrol pump standing on chamfered and stepped concrete base.
Front has hexagonal fuel dial with small canopy. Chamfered top with missing glass globe. Petrol pump hose and nozzle to left side. This is a Model AH 288 petrol pump, first manufactured by Avery Hardoll in December 1934. This structure has good group value with the blacksmith's forge.
Listing NGR: SK6291051748
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings