This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.5791 / 53°34'44"N
Longitude: -2.4271 / 2°25'37"W
OS Eastings: 371820
OS Northings: 409255
OS Grid: SD718092
Mapcode National: GBR CWH1.BQ
Mapcode Global: WH97V.P9GH
Plus Code: 9C5VHHHF+M5
Entry Name: Nos. 26-28, BRADSHAWGATE
Listing Date: 22 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387932
English Heritage Legacy ID: 475926
Location: Bolton, BL1
Electoral Ward/Division: Great Lever
Built-Up Area: Bolton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Bolton-le-Moors St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 12/06/17
SD 7109 SE,
BRADSHAWGATE (West side),
(Formerly listed as: No.28 Maxims)
Formerly known as: The Fleece Hotel.
Hotel, now public house. 1907. Terracotta with slate roof.
EXTERIOR: three storeys, 5-window range, symmetrically planned
with two gabled outer bays, and entrance to the right of the
central section. Segmental canopy over entrance, the lower
windows renewed, probably in original openings. Shallow oriel
bow windows to first and second floors in gabled outer bays,
each with tripartite window on each floor, with central
cartouche to first floor and swags to second-floor aprons.
Wreaths above second-floor windows. Coped gables above. 3
central windows also enriched with cartouches etc, and shell
motif to segmental architrave of central second-floor window
which is set beneath a pedimented gable. Continuous string
courses further enrich the facade.
Central entrance in return elevation to left, also with canopy
hood over doorway, and windows in moulded architraves with
cartouches and moulded brackets, and ornamented keystones.
Stack forms central feature of pedimented gable wall.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
(Readiclough G: Bolton Town Centre: A Modern History:
Listing NGR: SD7182009255
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings