This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0811 / 54°4'51"N
Longitude: -0.1871 / 0°11'13"W
OS Eastings: 518700
OS Northings: 466538
OS Grid: TA187665
Mapcode National: GBR WP47.9S
Mapcode Global: WHHF7.3P67
Entry Name: North Pier and Crane Wharf, Bridlington Harbour
Listing Date: 10 January 2001
Last Amended: 8 November 2017
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1389155
English Heritage Legacy ID: 486778
Location: Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bridlington
Built-Up Area: Bridlington
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bridlington Quay Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 1866 HARBOUR ROAD
19-JAN-01 North Pier at Bridlington Harbour
Pier or breakwater wall forming one side of Bridlington Harbour. Built 1816-37 and extended 1868. Large ashlar stone blocks in regular courses.
Outer wall facing the sea to the east is curved with an outwardly curving band at the top surmounted by a plain low parapet. Inner face slightly battered with C20 concrete coping in places. South end at harbour mouth has later C19 addition to protect vessels entering the harbour, and topped by cast iron bollards, capstain and harbour lamp. This lamp has square battered base, fluted shaft and octagonal lantern. North end of pier adjoining land has another harbour lamp and a set of wooden steps leading to landing stage.
This pier and the contemporary South Pier formed the new harbour at Bridlington.
Listing NGR: TA1870266532
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings