This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.3603 / 52°21'37"N
Longitude: -1.988 / 1°59'16"W
OS Eastings: 400913
OS Northings: 273584
OS Grid: SP009735
Mapcode National: GBR 2FN.VMB
Mapcode Global: VH9ZF.HXCY
Plus Code: 9C4W9266+4Q
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 19 January 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1389157
English Heritage Legacy ID: 486780
Location: Barnt Green, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B45
Civil Parish: Barnt Green
Built-Up Area: Barnt Green
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Cofton Hackett and Barnt Green
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP07SW SANDHILLS ROAD
1655/6/10032 Barnt Green
19-JAN-01 Church of St Andrew
Anglican church. 1909-14; by A.S. Dixon. Red brick in Flemish garden wall bond with blue brick headers and some tile and stone dressings. Roman tile roof.
PLAN: Nave, apse and north and south aisles. Unfinished liturgical west end which was planned to have a further one and half bays and a tower on the liturgical north west corner.
EXTERIOR: Small round arch clerestory windows between brick pier buttresses rising above deep eaves. Low north and south aisles with similar buttresses and small tile-arched 2-light windows with stone central piers and tile relieving arch over segmental-headed priest's door; quadrant in SE angle and gable over 3-light window to right. The liturgical east [S] end has large apse with semi-conical roof and small wooden bellcote above. The unfinished liturgical west [N] end has tile-hung gable carved stone relief of Crucifix below, flanked by small niches containing soldiers.
INTERIOR: Plastered walls. 4-bay arcades with plain round arches and piers. Nave open to 9-bay king-post roof with angle struts. Oak post-and-lintel screen with painted stencil decoration, moved back towards apse. Fittings include polygonal pulpit, reading desk and lectern, Communion rail and font with square bowl on round pilastered stem. Open timber gallery/organ loft is later insertion. Stained glass by Richard Stubington.
SOURCE: Buildings of England, p.75.
Listing NGR: SP0091373584
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings