This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.9651 / 53°57'54"N
Longitude: -1.2909 / 1°17'27"W
OS Eastings: 446616
OS Northings: 452349
OS Grid: SE466523
Mapcode National: GBR MQFL.9C
Mapcode Global: WHD9W.4LJM
Plus Code: 9C5WXP85+3J
Entry Name: Church of the Epiphany
Listing Date: 23 January 2004
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1390925
English Heritage Legacy ID: 492504
Location: Tockwith, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, YO26
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Tockwith
Built-Up Area: Tockwith
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Marston Moor
Church of England Diocese: York
1449/0/10003 WESTFIELD ROAD
23-JAN-04 Church of the Epiphany
Parish church. 1866. Sandstone ashlar with ashlar dressings and graduated slate roofs. Nave and chancel with two transepts, circular tower at west end. North porch at west end with modern external doors.
Three nave windows on south side, each with two lancet lights with roundel above in plain leaded glass. North side nave has two windows, one of two lancet lights with roundel above, one with three lancet lights with roundel above. Transept windows have three lancet lights with triple roundels contained in a round-headed arch, all containing stained glass. Small rose window and door in sacristy on south side. Plain buttresses between each window. Chancel has two windows on north side, one on south, two lancet lights with roundel above. East window has four lancet lights with triple roundel above, with stained glass. West end has two stained glass single light windows and a fairly simple rose window above. Circular tower on south-west corner with spire supported on an arcade with paired windows alternating with blind panels in banded red and white brick, plain stonework below.
INTERIOR: cross ribbed timber roof, bare sandstone walls, wood panelled vestry at west end, wooden screens between porch area and main part of nave, carved and glazed with leaded decorative lights.
Fittings include wooden pews throughout, one in nave and two in choir stalls decorated with carved roundels. Minton tiled floors throughout. All windows and arches to transepts and chancel are pointed, with early english ('stiff-leaf')style capitals to transept arches, and carved angel below similar capitals to chancel arch. Large pulpit of pink and black marble on sandstone base, with blind arcading. Font of same material in south transept. Inner porch doors of wood with large wrought iron hinges.
Other nearby listed buildings