This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.4369 / 51°26'12"N
Longitude: -2.7122 / 2°42'43"W
OS Eastings: 350591
OS Northings: 171118
OS Grid: ST505711
Mapcode National: GBR JK.NQH0
Mapcode Global: VH88R.Y41T
Plus Code: 9C3VC7PQ+Q4
Entry Name: Walled Garden Including Glass Houses and Peach House
Listing Date: 16 July 2004
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1391051
English Heritage Legacy ID: 492737
Location: Wraxall and Failand, North Somerset, BS48
County: North Somerset
Civil Parish: Wraxall and Failand
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
WRAXALL AND FAILAND
121/0/10031 TYNTESFIELD PARK
16-JUL-04 Walled Garden, including glass-houses
Kitchen garden walls and ancillary buildings. 1896 remodelling and extension of earlier C19 kitchen garden walls. Red brick and stone; and red brick with stone dressings. Large rectangular plan kitchen garden with red brick walls with 4-centred arch doorways at sides and stone south west end wall with large buttresses. North east front rebuilt in 1896 as seed rooms, potting sheds and a boiler house and a small loggia at north end with small enclosure with wrought-iron gate to main gardens at Tyntesfield. The rebuilt north east front has stone pilasters with ball-finials over the parapet, moulded stone cornice and three large classical ashlar porticos with round arch doorways with fanlights and double-doors to the seed rooms and potting sheds; 3-light stone frame windows with leaded panes, on south east end a bay window and at north west end a loggia with small bulbous columns on brick wall supporting stone entablature with pediment. Large walled garden enclosure on north east side with glass-houses on two sides facing the orangery [qv.] and there is a peach-house within the walled garden; the glass-houses are made of a zinc alloy [Beard's patent], by W. G. Smith and Co. Bury St Edmunds.
INTERIOR: The seed rooms and potting sheds are complete with shelves and racks.
An unusually complete complex of Victorian kitchen garden buildings.
Other nearby listed buildings