This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.544 / 52°32'38"N
Longitude: -1.3736 / 1°22'25"W
OS Eastings: 442574
OS Northings: 294201
OS Grid: SP425942
Mapcode National: GBR 7LZ.FK0
Mapcode Global: VHCSX.4BN3
Entry Name: The Holly Bush Public House
Listing Date: 18 February 2005
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1391310
English Heritage Legacy ID: 492088
Location: Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire, LE10
District: Hinckley and Bosworth
Electoral Ward/Division: Hinckley De Montfort
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Hinckley
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Hinkley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
1294/0/10016 UPPER BOND STREET
The Holly Bush Public House
Public house. Late 1930's, probably on older foundations. Brick, rendered and painted, with flat roofs behind decorative parapet and low side stacks. Art Deco style. Single and two storeys following rise in street, and cellar. Three stepped ranges the highest to left having a 2-light over a 3-light window, then a lower range with wider windows and then, to centre and right, a long single-storey range with the main entrance. Various small windows with, to right, a long horizontal window which curves round the right corner where there are further windows and another entrance. All these windows are set in a band of painted brick with a projecting lintel. There are similar projecting lintels to the other windows in the 2-storey ranges. The parapets to the front and sides of the various ranges have Art Deco fluting.
INTERIOR. This survives remarkably little-altered. There are two rooms plus an offsales with access to the servery which also serves a fourth space, a drinking lobby. A further public room leads off the lobby. There are curved bar fronts, original brick and tiled fireplaces, original part-glazed doors with diagonal handles and decorative door-heads, and original fixed benches, architraves and dados. Original tile floors in one bar and in toilets which also have original wall tiling. The brick-vaulted cellar also has a brick floor and thrawls and probably pre-dates the rest of the building.
This public house has a carefully designed and stylish exterior which is matched by a remarkably unaltered interior.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings