This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 57.5634 / 57°33'48"N
Longitude: -3.8079 / 3°48'28"W
OS Eastings: 291942
OS Northings: 854026
OS Grid: NH919540
Mapcode National: GBR J8ZQ.SHR
Mapcode Global: WH5HF.G5Y5
Plus Code: 9C9RH57R+8R
Entry Name: Free Church, Dalmore
Listing Name: Dalmore, Former Free Church
Listing Date: 16 November 1983
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 332361
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB1659
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Nairn and Cawdor
Traditional County: Nairnshire
1843. Alterations, A. & W. Reid, Elgin, 1862; further
alterations, 1893. Rectangular church with wide gables
facing NE and SW. Rubble with tooled ashlar dressings.
Projecting gabled porch at NE front with round-headed
entrance and double leaf door with fanlight with
intersecting tracery. Flanking round-headed windows and
smaller hood-moulded centre gallery window with later
19th century tracery. Small occulus in gable apex, with late
19th century bellcote above. 3-bay flanks with
round-headed windows with intersecting Y-tracery;
2 narrow round-headed windows light SW gable (flanking
former pulpit) and abutting single storey Minister's
room; lattice pane glazing. End stack at SW apex and to
Minister's room; slate roofs.
Interior; galleried interior in very poor condition. No
interior fittings survive.
Original church, built in 1843 on site gifted by John
Clark Brodie of Lethen, was "3 roofed", and later altered
to achieve present wide single span.
Other nearby listed buildings