This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 57.5335 / 57°32'0"N
Longitude: -3.0985 / 3°5'54"W
OS Eastings: 334326
OS Northings: 849794
OS Grid: NJ343497
Mapcode National: GBR L8QT.7B8
Mapcode Global: WH6JX.CXS3
Plus Code: 9C9RGWM2+CJ
Entry Name: Boharm House
Listing Name: Boharm House (Former Church of Scotland Manse), Gate-Piers, Steading and Garden Walls
Listing Date: 22 February 1972
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 333215
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB2317
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Speyside Glenlivet
Traditional County: Morayshire
1811, rear addition, circa 1840. 2-storey and attic over
raised basement, 3 bays. Tooled granite frontage, harl
pointed granite rubble flanks, tooled granite dressings with
some painted margins. Centre door reached by splayed flight
of steps oversailing raised basement, with simple cast-iron
handrail. Panelled door, radial fanlight, re-used later
bracketted canopy. Regular front fenestration with unusual
off-set raised ground floor windows; 3 later dormers with
2-storey, 3-bay rear wing. 12 pane glazing; wide coped end
stacks; slate roof.
INTERIOR: drawing and dining rooms open off raised ground
floor stair/entrance hall. Drawing-room with beaded panelled
doors and window shutters, panelled dado, inserted chimney
piece with added overmantel.
DINING-ROOM: beaded panelled doors and window shutters; later
GATEPIERS: sited immediately in front of house, pair re-used
later 18th century rusticated ashlar gate piers with corniced
stepped caps and ball finials.
STEADING- court group of 3 single storey or single storey and
loft rectangular buildings comprising stables, gighouse and
steading. All harl pointed rubble, tooled rubble dressings;
some later openings. Graded local slate roofs; stone ridges;
re-used ball finials.
GARDEN WALLS: high coped rubble walls link house with
steading court, enclosing garden.
Various salvaged architectural features re-used by present
owner between circa 1965 and 1985; these include radical
fanlight avbove front door and in upstair landing from
Rothiemay House, bracketted wooden canopy over front door,
pair gate piers in garden from Forres, 4 Greek Doric monolith
columns from Glassaugh, Banffshire, in garden loggia and fine
marble chimney piece in former stables (now antique shop).
Various buildings group around steading court now converted
for use as craft centre/antique shop.