This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 57.0659 / 57°3'57"N
Longitude: -2.9568 / 2°57'24"W
OS Eastings: 342078
OS Northings: 797610
OS Grid: NO420976
Mapcode National: GBR WJ.8Z5R
Mapcode Global: WH7NF.KN7L
Plus Code: 9C9V328V+87
Entry Name: Suspension Bridge, Cambus O' May
Listing Name: Cambus O'may, Suspension Bridge over River Dee
Listing Date: 16 April 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 341589
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB9328
Building Class: Cultural
Location: Glenmuick, Tullich and Glengairn
Electoral Ward: Aboyne, Upper Deeside and Donside
Parish: Glenmuick, Tullich And Glengairn
Traditional County: Aberdeenshire
1905. James Abernethy and Company, Engineers and Ironfounders, Aberdeen. Elegant iron footbridge with lattice-girder pylons with ball finials, wire rope cables, rod suspenders, lattice truss span. Elevated walkway and stairway approach from N. Distinctive landmark feature on the River Dee.
One of a number of fine suspension footbridges spanning the River Dee. James Abernethy also built Polhollick Bridge 1892 listed at category B and Invercauld Bridge 1924 also listed at category B. A plaque on the N pylon commemorates the gifting of the bridge to the public by Mr Alexander Gordon, Southwood, Hildenborough, Kent. The delicate latticework of the pylons make this a significant landscape feature.
Other nearby listed buildings