History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Colquhalzie House

A Category A Listed Building in Trinity Gask, Perth and Kinross

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 56.3371 / 56°20'13"N

Longitude: -3.7587 / 3°45'31"W

OS Eastings: 291373

OS Northings: 717466

OS Grid: NN913174

Mapcode National: GBR 1L.4MK5

Mapcode Global: WH5P8.7ZD9

Plus Code: 9C8R86PR+RG

Entry Name: Colquhalzie House

Listing Name: Colquhalzie House

Listing Date: 5 October 1971

Category: A

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 351736

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB17771

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Trinity Gask

County: Perth and Kinross

Electoral Ward: Strathallan

Parish: Trinity Gask

Traditional County: Perthshire

Find accommodation in
Milton of Abercairny

Description

1729 (or shortly thereafter) centre block harled and
whitewashed with margins and stone dressings. 2-storey
and basement to S, full 3-storey at N, 5-window, to S.
centre 3 advanced with pediment, outer windows smaller and
narrower, fine architraved doorpiece with lugs and segmental
pediment; N. front has big projecting canted bay, 3-window
at 1st with centre (dummy) circular window N. face, 1-window
either side. Tall piend roof, 4 chimneys, 2 front 2 back.
Interior: good hall staircase with fine twisted balusters
(similar to Woodend, Madderty) somewhat altered at ground
floor level later, restored to probable original condition
recently by T. Beveridge, sepia mural decoration Wm.
Feilding 1967. Large octagon dining room with cove,
pedimented chimneypiece with sheet music and wind instrument
panel, elaborate Venetian alcove feature and cartouche
busts at cove, plasterwork of Calderwood-early Clayton
school. Other rooms altered later and again by John Stewart
1929 and T. Beveridge more recently, but S.E. room original
with plaster panelling. W. wing dated JSH 1826 HS, same
height, 1-window to S, 3-window to W., advanced 1-window
to N; interior remodelled, scheme of symmetrical wings
completed by building similar E. wing (both contain bolection
moulded chimneypieces from basement (?) of original house)
and basement area flyover improved John Stewart (Stewart &
Paterson) 1929.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.