This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8592 / 55°51'33"N
Longitude: -4.2513 / 4°15'4"W
OS Eastings: 259190
OS Northings: 665178
OS Grid: NS591651
Mapcode National: GBR 0MM.9D
Mapcode Global: WH3P2.NZSN
Plus Code: 9C7QVP5X+MF
Entry Name: 61-63 Miller Street, Glasgow
Listing Name: 61-63 (Odd Nos) Miller Street
Listing Date: 15 December 1970
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 375653
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB32758
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Anderston/City/Yorkhill
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
J Burnet Sen, 1854 with alterations by J Burnet and Son, 1900 and 1901. Free Italian Renaissance, 4-storey, 10-bay warehouse. Ashlar-built. Altered at ground floor. Symmetrical facade above with paired central bays; arched heads with sculptured tympana and decorative cast-iron balcony between ball-finialled dies to 1st floor central pair of windows. 2 flanking bays in 2nd floor emphasised. Architraved and corniced windows, boldly bracketted at 1st floor; 3rd floor with 6 central bays arcaded (9 arches). Entablature with segmentally coped stacks above.
Plate-glass glazing pattern to sash and case windows. Top-lit well inside, with slim colonnades and balconies with projecting shelves (original for display and checking of fabric).
Built as Clapperton's Warehouse, passing later to Arthur and Co, clothing manufacturers.
Other nearby listed buildings