This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.8607 / 55°51'38"N
Longitude: -4.2524 / 4°15'8"W
OS Eastings: 259124
OS Northings: 665351
OS Grid: NS591653
Mapcode National: GBR 0ML.1V
Mapcode Global: WH3P2.NY7H
Plus Code: 9C7QVP6X+72
Entry Name: Public House, 4, 6 North Court, Glasgow
Listing Name: 4-6 (Even Nos) North Court
Listing Date: 4 September 1989
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 375741
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB32810
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Anderston/City/Yorkhill
Traditional County: Lanarkshire
Circa 1835. 3-storey, attic and basement, 8-bay
commercial building. Ashlar with painted late 19th
century shop front at ground, rubble side. Fanlit 2-leaf
panelled doors, that to centre flanked by Corinthian
pilasters. Dentil cornice above ground, 1st floor cill
course, 2nd floor and eaves cornices. Architraved and
corniced 1st floor windows, simple windows at 2nd floor.
Attic floor largely blank, with former windows blocked.
Wallhead stacks above.
GABLE END TO NORTH COURT LANE: with 2 widely spaced
bays; blocked windows to left bay with small attic light
above; windows to 1st and 2nd floor to right.
Gable wallhead stack.
Plate-glass sash and case windows. Decorative gutter
Set at right anles to Nos 1-15 St Vincent Place, of
similar date and style.
Other nearby listed buildings