This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.1076 / 56°6'27"N
Longitude: -3.1775 / 3°10'39"W
OS Eastings: 326862
OS Northings: 691165
OS Grid: NT268911
Mapcode National: GBR 29.M626
Mapcode Global: WH6RV.5R45
Entry Name: Beveridge Park, Southerton Lodge
Listing Date: 26 March 1998
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 392418
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB45495
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Burntisland, Kinghorn and Western Kirkcaldy
Traditional County: Fife
J W Hislop, 1891. Single storey and attic, 2-bay lodge house with French pavilion-roofed tower. Bull-faced, squared and snecked rubble with contrasting red sandstone ashlar quoins. Part eaves course. Chamfered arrises and stone and timber mullions.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: canted tripartite window to left of centre at ground and finialled dormer gablehead breaking eaves above with half-timbered, bipartite window; lower, flat-roofed porch to right with full-width tripartite window below decorative timber and cast-iron balustrade; window to recessed face of finialled tower above.
E ELEVATION: 3-bay. Centre bay with advanced tripartite window at ground below dormer gablehead as above; bay to left with porch door, plate glass fanlight and decorative balustrade to outer left, and window to right; further window in lower bay to outer right.
W ELEVATION: advanced bay to right with window to outer right at ground and further window in dormer gablehead above; half-timbered, recessed gable with bipartite window to left, bipartite window in single storey bay to re-entrant angle, and further window on return to left.
N ELEVATION: asymmetrical fenestration with stepped roofline and small dormerheaded window.
4-pane glazing pattern to upper sashes over 2-pane and plate glass lower sashes; fixed small-pane glazing to porch. Grey slates and decorative terracotta ridge tiles. Coped ashlar stacks with cans. Moulded bargeboarding with decorative dormerheads.
Beveridge Park was opened in 1892, a gift to the town from Provost Michael Beveridge. Main and SE Gates and Main Gate Lodge are all listed separately.
Other nearby listed buildings