History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

120-134 (Even Nos) Trinity Road, with Boundary Wall

A Category C Listed Building in Edinburgh, Edinburgh

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 55.9792 / 55°58'45"N

Longitude: -3.206 / 3°12'21"W

OS Eastings: 324839

OS Northings: 676904

OS Grid: NT248769

Mapcode National: GBR 8L4.23

Mapcode Global: WH6SD.QZH4

Entry Name: 120-134 (Even Nos) Trinity Road, with Boundary Wall

Listing Date: 25 February 2000

Category: C

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 394118

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB46753

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Edinburgh

County: Edinburgh

Town: Edinburgh

Electoral Ward: Forth

Traditional County: Midlothian

Find accommodation in
Granton

Description

Thomas Brown (attributed) and J Dick Peddie, 1858. Nos 124-130 before 1826, Nos 120 and 122, and 132 and 134, circa 1858. Terrace of 8, 2-storey, 2-bay plain classical houses, stepped up hill in pairs. Channelled sandstone to ground, ashlar above cill band course at 1st floor; coursed rubble to side and rear elevations. Eaves course. Stone mullions.

W (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: houses grouped in mirrored pairs, with doors to centre and bipartite windows in outer bays. Timber panelled doors with rectangular fanlight in stone Doric pilastered doorpieces with cornices; (No 20 part-masked by wooden pitch-roofed porch with glazed door).

N AND S ELEVATIONS: M-gabled.

4-pane glazing pattern to Nos 126, 128 and 130, plate glass to Nos 120, 122, 124, 132 and 134, all in timber sash and case windows. Grey-slated M-roof. Stone-coped mutual skews. Stone-coped gablehead stacks with circular cans.

Statement of Interest

Nos 124-130 appear on Wood's 1826 map of Leith as part of an intended development (largely unbuilt) stretching from Trinity Crescent south to Trinity Road (also shown on a feuing plan of 1838 by George Angus). Nos 120, 122, 132 and 134 appear on the 1876 OS map. Drawings in the Peddie and Kinnear archive (elevation and plan) 'houses for Mr Sutherland at Christianbank in Trinity Road,' dated 1858.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.