History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Telephone Call-box at Hobbs Point

A Grade II Listed Building in Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6993 / 51°41'57"N

Longitude: -4.9425 / 4°56'33"W

OS Eastings: 196754

OS Northings: 204162

OS Grid: SM967041

Mapcode National: GBR G8.C07T

Mapcode Global: VH1S0.8KY5

Plus Code: 9C3QM3X4+PX

Entry Name: Telephone Call-box at Hobbs Point

Listing Date: 7 June 1988

Last Amended: 18 February 1994

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 6551

Building Class: Communications

Location: Situated outside Old Pier House, at entry to Hobbs Point quay.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: Pembroke Dock (Doc Penfro)

Community: Pembroke Dock

Locality: Hobbs Point

Built-Up Area: Pembroke Dock

Find accommodation in
Pembroke Dock

History

Red telephone call box to standard K6 design, by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott and introduced in 1936. This example is after 1953.

Exterior

Red painted cast-iron kiosk with shallow domed roof, Queen Elizabeth II crowns in lunettes, over lettered illuminated panels. Two glazed sides and glazed door with horizontal main glazing bars and marginal bars. Rear to street with plate inscribed: ''Macfarlane, Saracen Foundry, Glasgow''.

Reasons for Listing

Included for group value with other listed items at Hobbs Point.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Old Pier House
    Situated on W side of Hobbs Point, backing on to the sea.
  • II Hobbs Point
    The 2 bollards are situated some 30m N and NW of Public Toilets at Hobbs Point. The cannon bollard is sited immediately N of Old Pier House, and set below pavement level.
  • II Premises attached to South
    Situated on W side of Hobbs Point, backing on to the sea.
  • II Pembroke Haven Yacht Club at Hobbs Point
    Situated on S side of quay, at NE corner of Pier Road opposite Old Pier House.
  • II Pier House
    Situated towards N end of Pier Road, on corner towards the quay at Hobbs Point.
  • II One Former Cannon Barrel to SW Side
    The 2 bollards are situated some 30m N and NW of Public Toilets at Hobbs Point. The cannon bollard is sited immediately N of Old Pier House, and set below pavement level.
  • II Slipway & Quay Wall at Hobb's Point
    Situated at N end of Pier Road and forming the most northerly part of Hobbs Point.
  • II Two Bollards on N Side of Quay
    The 2 bollards are situated some 30m N and NW of Public Toilets at Hobbs Point. The cannon bollard is sited immediately N of Old Pier House, and set below pavement level.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.