History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Parc Gwynne

A Grade II Listed Building in Glasbury, Powys

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0445 / 52°2'40"N

Longitude: -3.2031 / 3°12'11"W

OS Eastings: 317585

OS Northings: 239140

OS Grid: SO175391

Mapcode National: GBR YY.F646

Mapcode Global: VH6BH.FWJ1

Plus Code: 9C4R2QVW+RQ

Entry Name: Parc Gwynne

Listing Date: 18 September 1960

Last Amended: 18 January 1996

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 8758

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Parc Gwynne is located on the SW side of The Green, set in its own grounds behind its entrance gates and coachhouse. The grounds extend W to a terrace overlooking the river and flood plain of the Wye

County: Powys

Community: Glasbury (Y Clas-ar-wy)

Community: Glasbury

Traditional County: Radnorshire

Find accommodation in
Glasbury

History

The house was originally built c. 1800, and was bought as a Vicarage for All Saints c.1922, and reverted to private ownership c.1940.

Exterior

Rubble stone, the gable ends rendered. Slate roof. The house comprises a symmetrical 3 bay, 2 storey and attic main block, with a set-back service wing to the right, ending in a gabled cross wing. Central C20 glazed door in a fluted doorcase. Twelve-paned sashes to reception rooms on each side. Rendered and painted plat band. The first floor has three 12-paned sashes with timber lintels, and a bargeboarded central gable, probably rebuilt on a larger scale, containing a semi-circular attic window. Gable stacks. The service wing to the right is of roughcast brick, containing the kitchen and ancillary rooms. Arched porch. Lateral painted brick cross wing. Early C20 timber windows and a paned 2-light window to the cross wing.

Interior

Central through hallway with a dog-leg stair with turned newels. Reception rooms to each side and the original narrow rear service rooms to the rear forming a double pile; these extended back at a later date.

Reasons for Listing

Included as one of a group of late C18-early C19 substantial houses in the centre of Glasbury. Of group value in the Conservation Area.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Former Stable and Coachhouse to Parc Gwynne
    The coachhouse lies between the Green and Parc Gwynne house, backing on to the Green.
  • II Old Police Cottage
    Located at the SW corner of the Green, behind a front stone and brick wall.
  • II Green Cottages
    A straight terrace of four two-storey cottages, located on the SE side of the triangular green at the centre of Glasbury village.
  • II Green House
    Located on the N side of the triangular Green, at the centre of the village.
  • II Green Cottages
    A straight terrace of four two-storey cottages, located on the SE side of the triangular green at the centre of Glasbury village.
  • II Green Cottages
    A straight terrace of four two-storey cottages, located on the SE side of the triangular green at the centre of Glasbury village.
  • II Green Cottages
    A straight terrace of four two-storey cottages, located on the SE side of the triangular green at the centre of Glasbury village.
  • II Glasbury United Reformed Chapel
    The chapel is situated in a walled enclosure at the centre of the SE side of The Green, with its gable facing on to the Green.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.