History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Laugharne, Carmarthenshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7722 / 51°46'20"N

Longitude: -4.463 / 4°27'46"W

OS Eastings: 230159

OS Northings: 211044

OS Grid: SN301110

Mapcode National: GBR D7.ZKMJ

Mapcode Global: VH3LS.LQF8

Entry Name: Vicarage

Listing Date: 25 September 1986

Last Amended: 25 September 1986

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 9649

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Slightly canted street frontage adjoining Great House; continuous sequence of frontages to left.

County: Carmarthenshire

Community: Laugharne Township (Treflan Lacharn)

Community: Laugharne Township

Built-Up Area: Laugharne

Traditional County: Carmarthenshire

Find accommodation in
Laugharne

History

Shown on 1834 survey map as Vicarage House and erected by Rev J N Harrison, vicar of Laugharne 1834-1892.

Exterior

Georgian, 2-storey, 4-window pebbledash front with Victorian alterations; slate roof and brick chimney stacks. Later advanced and offset 2-storey porch with pitched roof and decorative bargeboards; tripartite windows to corbelled upper floor, shouldered arch to gated entrance and crossed oillets side openings; 4-panel pointed door. Victorian oriel window to far right with paired sash windows; remaining windows are sash with small pane glazing.

Interior

Mainly Victorian detail internally.

Reasons for Listing

Group value.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Temperance House
    Set in a continuous row of frontages stepped down from Abercaran House to left.
  • II* Great House
    At the end of a continuous row of frontages, stepped up from the Vicarage.
  • II Abercoran House
    Set in a continuous row of frontages, stepped down from Grove House to left.
  • II Rosetta
    Opposite Great House and atached at an angle to Moir House; iron railed walks to front above the road.
  • II Dragon Park
    Detached to the left.
  • II Moir House
    Set across the slope, attached to The Limes on the left and Rosetta at an angle to the right; ramped and iron railed path above the road to front.
  • II Grove House
    Set in a continuous row of frontages stepped up from Redford House to left.
  • II The Limes
    Set across the slope at the junction with Clifton Street, reached by ramped and iron railed pavement above the road.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.