This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8019 / 51°48'6"N
Longitude: -4.9725 / 4°58'20"W
OS Eastings: 195149
OS Northings: 215650
OS Grid: SM951156
Mapcode National: GBR CK.XR86
Mapcode Global: VH1RD.RZL2
Entry Name: The Greyhound Inn
Listing Date: 1 July 1974
Last Amended: 30 November 2005
Source ID: 12194
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Facing W to Mariners Square.
Community: Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd)
Built-Up Area: Haverfordwest
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Early to mid C19 inn, recorded in 1884 directory. The inn includes No 14 Dark Street which is listed separately and faces Mariners Square. Perrot Avenue was known as St Martin's Place in 1884.
Inn, painted stucco with slate close-eaved roof and red brick end wall stacks, the right end stack on the taller end wall of Nos 14-14A Dark Street. Three storeys, three bays. Square upper windows, the centre one blind, the others with horned 6-pane sashes. Four-pane sashes to first and ground floors, with centre doorway in plain stuccoed eared surround. Six-panel flush-panelled door with plain overlight. Continuous to right is Nos 14-14A Dark St with one bay to Perrot Avenue and two bays at obtuse angle, to Mariners Square. Slightly higher eaves with roof hipped at angle. Six-pane sash to top floor and 12-pane sash to first floor to Perrot Avenue, both windows at a higher level than those of main building. Corner is curved with painted tooled stone at ground floor right.
To Mariners Square a three-storey, two-window range with square 6-pane sashes to top floor and horned 12-pane sashes to first floor. On ground floor a big and altered opening to centre right giving access to two doorways within, that to left with C20 door and older overlight providing access to the Greyhound Inn, boarded door straight ahead. To left a C20 small two-light shop window and doorway.
Interior altered on ground floor.
Included for its special architectural interest as a stuccoed facade in late Georgian style.
Other nearby listed buildings