History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Low Cottage attached to W.End of Panteurig

A Grade II Listed Building in Pencaer (Pen-caer), Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0063 / 52°0'22"N

Longitude: -5.053 / 5°3'10"W

OS Eastings: 190556

OS Northings: 238603

OS Grid: SM905386

Mapcode National: GBR CG.HPBY

Mapcode Global: VH1QD.CTKW

Plus Code: 9C4P2W4W+GR

Entry Name: Low Cottage attached to W.End of Panteurig

Listing Date: 14 July 1993

Last Amended: 14 July 1993

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 12975

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated on slope to NE of Harmony Chapel, approached by track off lane running N from Harmony.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: Pencaer (Pen-caer)

Community: Pencaer

Locality: Llanwnda

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
Goodwick

Exterior

Early C19 farmhouse in rendered and whitewashed rubble stone with grouted slate roofs. Two-storey, T-plan with long wing coming forward, to half-hipped gable, from centre of original house which has large stone W end stack and stone E stack. Wing has W side-wall stack. Original house has door in angle to left of wing with 12-pane sash closely to left and small 9-pane sash above. Brick cambered head to 12-pane sash. Wing has slight projection on W side in angle to front door, with 12-pane stair light, also with brick head. Wing end wall has 12-pane sash each floor and E side wall has door in angle to original house, which has 12-pane sash each floor. Lean-to on E end of main range, and single-storey former cottage on W end with grouted slate W end stack, small window, door and window to front.

Parts of the house were formerly slate hung.

Reasons for Listing

One of least altered traditional farmhouses of Pencaer with an extraordinary plan-form. Marked to present outline on 1845 Tithe Map, but different on 1798 Propert map. In 1845 owned by William Harries of Treathro, occupied by ReváHenryáDavies.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Panteurig
    Situated on slope to NE of Harmony Chapel, approached by track off lane running N from Harmony.
  • II Cartshed to S.of Panteurig
    Situated on S side of farmyard, opposite house.
  • II Trehilyn East
    Situated on S side of lane some 100m W of Harmony Chapel and opposite junction with lane to Strumble Head.
  • II Low attached Outbuilding to right of Trehilyn East
    Situated on S side of lane some 100m W of Harmony Chapel and opposite junction with lane to Strumble Head.
  • II Garn Fawr
    Situated prominently on S slope of Garn Fawr, on W side of lane from Harmony to Strumble Head.
  • II Studio Cottage to N.of Garn Fawr Cottage
    Situated on SE slopes of Garn Fawr, to N of Garn Fawr cottage.
  • II Gwttws
    Situated on N side of rocky outcrop, some 300m W of Trenewydd; approached across field.
  • II Caerlem
    Situated on E side of road running N from Harmony to Strumble Head, some 1.5ákm N of Harmony.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.