History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Outbuilding Range SW of Farmhouse at Kings Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Boncath, Pembrokeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0128 / 52°0'46"N

Longitude: -4.6192 / 4°37'8"W

OS Eastings: 220351

OS Northings: 238174

OS Grid: SN203381

Mapcode National: GBR D1.H8XB

Mapcode Global: VH2N2.WNDT

Entry Name: Outbuilding Range SW of Farmhouse at Kings Farm

Listing Date: 25 January 1995

Last Amended: 25 January 1995

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 15385

Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence

Location: Situated enclosing two sides of yard to rear of farmhouse.

County: Pembrokeshire

Community: Boncath

Community: Boncath

Traditional County: Pembrokeshire

Find accommodation in
Boncath

History

Mid to later C19 L-plan farmyard range, probably contemporary with the farmhouse, previously known as Kings Bench Walk and owned by the Jenkins family of Ty Mawr, mortgaged to the Saunders-Davies family of Pentre 1848 and sold to them 1884.

Exterior

Mid to later C19 farm group, L-plan, the main range lofted and facing E, with single storey range facing N. Rubble stone with Cilgerran stone voussoirs to openings and slate roofs. Main range is double under a single roof separated by an internal loft stair with full-height opening. Three tiers of wooden dove-boxes under eaves. Right side is symmetrical with square loft opening over ledged stable door flanked by 4-pane windows. N end wall loft door. Left side has elliptical-arched cart-entry to right flanked by shuttered windows with slate slab lintels, and similar loft opening immediately over arch. To left is door with shuttered window beyond. Single storey range at right angles has door, door, window, window, window in blocked door with stone voussoirs and door. Timber lintels generally.

Reasons for Listing

Included for group value with farmhouse.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Kings
    Situated some 140m down straight lane running WSW from Boncath crossroads.
  • II Ty Mawr Lodge
    Situated by road to Cardigan at northern edge of village, adjoining drive to Ty Mawr Farm.
  • II Rhydhowell
    Situated some 1 km S of Boncath, reached via small lane running SW off Bwlchygroes road some 0.5 km SE of Boncath, and track off to W.
  • II No 4 Cilwendeg Lodge
    Situated at head of main drive to Cilwendeg, the western lodge of a pair, on B 4332, E of Boncath.
  • II Piers & Railings to No 4 Cilwendeg Lodge
    Situated at head of main drive to Cilwendeg, the western lodge of a pair, on B 4332, E of Boncath.
  • II Piers & Railings to No 3 Cilwendeg Lodge
    Situated at head of main drive to Cilwendeg, the eastern lodge of pair, on B 4332, E of Boncath.
  • II No 3 Cilwendeg Lodge
    Situated at head of main drive to Cilwendeg, the eastern lodge of pair, on B 4332, E of Boncath.
  • II Felinwen Mill
    Situated some 1km SE of Boncath on road to Bwlchygroes, marked on O.S. map as Pottery.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.