This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7231 / 51°43'23"N
Longitude: -4.8033 / 4°48'11"W
OS Eastings: 206478
OS Northings: 206429
OS Grid: SN064064
Mapcode National: GBR GC.6F10
Mapcode Global: VH2PB.PYKF
Plus Code: 9C3QP5FW+6M
Entry Name: Coach-house and Stable Range to E side of Stable Courtyard at Cresselly House
Listing Date: 28 April 1995
Last Amended: 8 April 1997
Source ID: 15917
Building Class: Domestic
Location: The Stable courtyard is immediately to the S of Cresselly House. This range is on its E side, parallel to the main road with cobbled pavement to front.
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
This range originated with the building of Cresselly House c.1770 for John Bartlett Allen. Enlarged in C19 before 1864, probably in two phases.
Mostly 2-storey rubble service range comprising coach-house and carpenter's workshop at N end and stables and granary to S end. The building is in three sections, stepping down towards S end; all have slate roofs and wave-pattern bargeboards. The taller 6-window northern block is cement-rendered with false quoins. It has 6-pane sash windows to first floor and 12-pane sash windows to ground floor flanking the large boarded door entrances to coach-house and stables; the former has segmental-headed gates and the latter has 4-pane overlight; brick chimney stacks. Set back and stepped down to right is a long three-window range with colourwashed rubble front. It has camber-headed brick red voussoirs to windows and doors including small-pane sashes and split boarded stable doors; sliding door to right. Stepped down to S end is a 4-bay single-storey range, also with colourwashed front and with boarded stable doors. S gable end has the outline of a gable to a now lost further range at this end.
Included for group value with Cresselly House and associated listed items.
Other nearby listed buildings