Gatepiers at Llangoed Hall
A Grade II Listed Building in Brecon, Powys
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 52.0516 / 52°3'5"N
Longitude: -3.2852 / 3°17'6"W
OS Eastings: 311964
OS Northings: 240020
OS Grid: SO119400
Mapcode National: GBR YT.DXC2
Mapcode Global: VH6BG.0PLN
Plus Code: 9C4R3P27+JW
Entry Name: Gatepiers at Llangoed Hall
Listing Date: 15 December 1995
Last Amended: 15 December 1995
Source ID: 16641
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located at the entrance to the carriage circle in front of the main W entrance elevation of Llangoed Hall.
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
1919, by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, in Vanburghesque style, contemporary with his remodelling of the house.
Two gate piers. Snecked rock-faced stone. Each gatepier has a moulded base, necking and cornice, surmounted by four heavy scrolls bearing a stone ball. The N pier has a sunken panel bearing the inscription DHC (Mrs Christie)/1919, on the side facing the house.
Reasons for Listing
Included as of group value with the Grade II* Llangoed Hall.
Other nearby listed buildings
Stable-courtyard ranges including staff houses at Llangoed Hall
Located to the NW of Llangoed Hall, with independent driveway off the main entrance.
Located on a raised terrace on the floor of the Wye valley, within its own 4 hectares grounds and formerly associated farmland, and having staff housing and stable court to the NNE, separately listed.
Laundry House including attached courtyard wall and gate piers, at Llangoed Hall
Located at the N side of a service yard, on the N side of the entrance carriage circle of Llangoed Hall.
Engine House at Llangoed Hall
Located on the N side of the forecourt of Llangoed Hall, in line with the Laundry House, completing the SW corner of the stable yard.
Llangoed Cottage Workshop
Located on the NW side of the entrance forecourt of Llangoed Hall, in line with and to the SW of the Laundry House.
Located below the main Brecon to Builth road, to the W of Llangoed Hall, with its farm buildings to the N and E.
Upper Llangoed Farmhouse
Located on high ground above Llyswen, on the minor road from Llangoed to Brechfa and Llandefalle. The farmhouse sits on a bank, to the S of the farm buildings.
Located 100m to the NW of Boughrood church across a small tributary of the River Wye, within its own grounds, and with its farmyard, buildings and mill to the N.