2 Yew Tree Cottages
A Grade II Listed Building in Wrexham, Wrexham
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Upload Photo »
Latitude: 53.1057 / 53°6'20"N
Longitude: -2.968 / 2°58'4"W
OS Eastings: 335288
OS Northings: 356936
OS Grid: SJ352569
Mapcode National: GBR 76.8CKD
Mapcode Global: WH88S.C6WG
Plus Code: 9C5V424J+7Q
Entry Name: 2 Yew Tree Cottages
Listing Date: 4 January 1991
Last Amended: 18 October 1996
Source ID: 17452
Building Class: Domestic
Location: On south side of B 5102 Llay Road as it begins to ascend Croes Howell Hill. Approx. 1.2 km west of Rossett, at right angles to road.
Community: Rossett (Yr Orsedd)
Traditional County: Denbighshire
Built in 1881 to the designs of John Douglas, architect, of Chester for Alexander Balfour who lived in nearby Mount Alyn (demolished). One cottage for farm bailiff, the other for use of members of a Liverpool mission. Uninhabited and boarded up at the time of re-survey (1995).
Internal inspection not possible at time of re-survey in November 1995.
Reasons for Listing
Included for group value with adjacent Outbuilding range at Yew Tree Farm.
Other nearby listed buildings
1 Yew Tree Cottages
On south side of B 5102 Llay Road as it begins to ascend Croes Howell Hill. Approx. 1.2 km west of Rossett, at right angles to road.
Outbuilding range immediately E of Yew Tree Farm
On south side of the B 5102, Llay Road, as it begins to ascend Croeshowell Hill. Approx. 1.2.km west of Rossett. Immediately to the east of Yew Tree Farm, close to the cottages and adjoining contemp
The Stone House
Located in its own grounds off the B5102, Llay Road, and approached by private drive. Site enclosed by stone garden walls, to match fabric of house, and containing much of original garden lay-out.
Mount Alyn Lodge (including gate piers at drive entrance)
Situated towards the top of Croes Howell Hill adjacent to the south side of the B 5102. The Lodge lies roughly 0.4km to the west of the lower Lodge and Yew Tree Farm.
Situated to the north side of Llay Road and to the west of the River Alyn. Adjacent to the former Lodge to Stoneleigh House.
Roft Castle Stables
Situated on the S side of Springfield Lane near the NW edge of the village.
Situated on the N side of Springfield Lane.
Courtyard Walls and three gazebos to rear of Roft Castle House
Situated to the rear of Roft Castle House where there is a sunken courtyard with an entrance to a drive which led to the former stables on Springfield Lane.