History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pillar Box adjacent to St George's House

A Grade II Listed Building in Abergele, Conwy

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2689 / 53°16'7"N

Longitude: -3.5399 / 3°32'23"W

OS Eastings: 297397

OS Northings: 375757

OS Grid: SH973757

Mapcode National: GBR 3ZQM.FX

Mapcode Global: WH65G.L3KC

Entry Name: Pillar Box adjacent to St George's House

Listing Date: 5 August 1997

Last Amended: 5 August 1997

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 18719

Building Class: Communications

Location: The pillar box is sited close to the Telephone kiosk, on the S pavement of the main street and facing N to St George's churchyard and Primrose Hill.

County: Conwy

Town: Abergele

Community: Abergele

Community: Abergele

Locality: St George

Traditional County: Denbighshire

Find accommodation in
Kinmel

History

The standard type letter box was placed here between 1902 and 1911.

Exterior

Cast iron cylindrical box with moulded top, bearing the monogram of Edward VII, and the cast mark of McDowell, Steven and Co, London and Glasgow, on the rear.

Reasons for Listing

Included as of group value with the Telephone Kiosk and other listed buildings in the conservation area of St George.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Telephone Call-box adjoining St George's House
    Prominently sited on the south pavement of the main street and facing N to St George's Churchyard and Primrose Hill.
  • II Kinmel Arms
    Located on the N side of the extension of the main village street towards the NW gates of Kinmel Park.
  • II 7 Main Street
    Located on the S side of the main street. No 7 is at the upper, E end, terminating the curve of the terrace into the minor lane to the S.
  • II 6A Main Street
    Located on the S side of the main street. No 6A is the second from the E end, on the curved section leading to the minor lane to the S.
  • II Church of St George
    The church is in the W angle of the road running S to the main village street, and is set on steeply sloping ground.
  • II 6 Main Street
    Located on the S side of the main street.
  • II 5 Main Street
    Located on the S side of the main street. No 5 is the second from the W end.
  • II Village Hall
    The building stands at the NW entrance of Kinmel Park, on the extension of the main street of the village.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.