This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.9728 / 51°58'22"N
Longitude: -3.071 / 3°4'15"W
OS Eastings: 326528
OS Northings: 231025
OS Grid: SO265310
Mapcode National: GBR F3.KWBX
Mapcode Global: VH78D.QPC0
Entry Name: The Vision Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 January 1998
Last Amended: 29 January 1998
Source ID: 19301
Building Class: Domestic
Location: At the very north end of the Community on the east bank of Afon Honddu and approached off the valley road at Tafolog Bridge.
Community: Crucorney (Crucornau Fawr)
Locality: Upper Llanthony
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
This farmhouse is very similar in appearance to Tafolog Farmhouse (qv) and may well also be late medieval, but there is nothing earlier than the C19 to be seen outside. The presence of the 1702 barn certainly suggests that the house is at least c1700, and it is unlikely to be a total C19 re-build. In appearance it is an early/mid C19 Llanthony Estate farmhouse dating from the ownership of Walter Savage Landor (1809-1864).
Roughly coursed red sandstone rubble with stone tile roofs. A three unit house with a wing projecting behind the left hand room. Two storeys. The entrance front has gable : door : gable : window. The gables have metal Llanthony Estate windows under stone lintels, 6 X 4 panes below and 4 X 3 above in the gable. The door is plank and is in the cross-passage position behind the hall stack. The inner room to the right has another 6 X 4 window. Central hall stack and left and right gable stacks. The left gable has two small windows on the ground floor. The rear wing may well be wholly C19. It is a central entrance Llanthony Estate cottage with 4 X 3 metal windows on either side of a plank door, the upper floor ones being in gabled half dormers. The end gable is blind, with the bottom obscured by a modern extension. Rear elevations not seen.
The interior was not available for inspection at the time of resurvey.
Included as an externally unaltered early/mid C19 Llanthony Estate farmhouse which probably has earlier origins.
Other nearby listed buildings