History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

No.2 (Tir Iarll)

A Grade II Listed Building in Llandwrog, Gwynedd

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0798 / 53°4'47"N

Longitude: -4.3132 / 4°18'47"W

OS Eastings: 245148

OS Northings: 356120

OS Grid: SH451561

Mapcode National: GBR 5G.9W6F

Mapcode Global: WH43L.QV8B

Entry Name: No.2 (Tir Iarll)

Listing Date: 30 September 1999

Last Amended: 30 September 1999

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 22421

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated on the northern approach to Llandwrog on the east side of the road at the northern edge of the Victorian built development; low rubblestone wall in front.

County: Gwynedd

Town: Caernarfon

Community: Llandwrog

Community: Llandwrog

Traditional County: Caernarfonshire

Find accommodation in
Llandwrog

History

Built between 1850 and 1860 as part of the third Lord Newborough's replanning of Llandwrog as an estate village.

Interior

Interior not inspected at time of Survey.

Reasons for Listing

Included as an integral part of this important planned estate village, which, notwithstanding alteration to detail, retains some picturesque elements in its balanced composition and some surviving detail.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II No.3
    Situated on the northern approach to Llandwrog on the east side of the road at the northern edge of the Victorian built development; low rubblestone wall in front.
  • II Vestry Cottage & Former Vestry
    Situated towards the northern end of the village on the east side of the road leading northwards; the cottage is cut into the adjoining churchyard wall and its projecting south gable is in fact within
  • II No.1 (Sea View)
    Situated on the northern approach to Llandwrog on the east side of the road at the northern edge of the Victorian built development; low rubblestone wall in front.
  • II Horse Drinking Trough
    Attached to the north-eastern end of the rubblestone boundary wall in front of Nos.1-5 Cilgant (The Crescent).
  • II No.5 Cilgant (The Crescent)
    Situated immediately to north of church in centre of village; full-length rubblestone wall with iron gates to small front gardens follows concave curve of road to front.
  • II No.4 Cilgant (The Crescent)
    Situated immediately to north of church in centre of village; full-length rubblestone wall with iron gates to small front gardens follows concave curve of road to front.
  • II No.3 Cilgant (The Crescent)
    Situated immediately to north of church in centre of village; full-length rubblestone wall with iron gates to small front gardens follows concave curve of road to front.
  • II* Church of St Twrog
    Situated in the centre of Llandwrog village in raised roughly circular-shaped churchyard.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.