This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2922 / 53°17'31"N
Longitude: -3.3832 / 3°22'59"W
OS Eastings: 307900
OS Northings: 378141
OS Grid: SJ079781
Mapcode National: GBR 4ZTC.CK
Mapcode Global: WH76H.0H8Z
Entry Name: Plasse
Listing Date: 11 January 2002
Last Amended: 11 January 2002
Source ID: 26084
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: About 1.5 km north-east of Cwm parish church
Traditional County: Flintshire
Probably C18. The window positions suggest a late C18 date, but the sashes may have been renewed in the C19. Plasse was recorded in 1844 as a farm with 90 acres (36.5 hectares) in Cwm parish, on the Mostyn estate.
A symmetrical two-storey, three-window farmhouse in local axe-dressed limestone with a roof in small slates with a tile ridge and stone end-chimneys. Central full-height wing at rear. The two main gables and that of the rear wing all have stonework carried up above the slating level, but not coped. Modern low-pitched rear annexe at northwest corner, earlier lean-to rear annexe at south-west corner.
At front the main door is now behind large modern porch. The window above has been enlarged. The outer windows retain their original proportions. Twelve-pane unequal sash windows above, 16-pane sash-window below at left; fixed 16-pane window below at right, the lower windows with voussoir heads. At rear above and below are horizontally sliding sashes. One modern rooflight at rear.
Central entrance hall with main reception rooms each side. That to right was original kitchen, with large fireplace.
A good farmhouse which has retained much of its original character.
Other nearby listed buildings