This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8558 / 51°51'20"N
Longitude: -4.4555 / 4°27'19"W
OS Eastings: 230991
OS Northings: 220321
OS Grid: SN309203
Mapcode National: GBR D8.T7HR
Mapcode Global: VH3LD.QMF5
Entry Name: Cefn-crwth
Listing Date: 8 July 2002
Last Amended: 8 July 2002
Source ID: 26753
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated at the end of a track off a minor road some 2 km SE of the centre of Meidrim village.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
House, mid C19, with thatched older, possibly early C18, range attached. David and Mary Lewis were occupants in earlier C18, their son Lewis Lewis was there in 1768. The house was owned by the Thomas family of Castell Gorfod passing to the Lloyds of Coedmore, Cardiganshire, by marriage of Anna Thomas to Walter Lloyd in 1759. Marked on the Tithe map of 1841 as a holding of 123 acres (49.8 hectares), occupied by John Davies and owned by Thomas Lloyd who owned three farms in the community totalling 237 acres (96 hectares).
House, roughcast with slate close-eaved roof and red brick end stacks. Two-storey, 3- window range of sashes, 4-pane, 12-pane and 4-pane above; 12-pane and 9-pane below with centre C20 glazed door. Slate-hung left end wall. Outshut rear with one window in end wall over older range.
Older range to right is of whitewashed rubble stone with thatched roof under corrugated iron with thick boarded eaves. Stone square right end chimney. One 4-pane sash window under eaves to left, and another further left on ground floor. Entrance in right end wall, C20 door. Outshut rear with corrugated iron roof, not over thatch, door in end wall. Timber lintels.
Older range has single ground floor room with large fireplace beam. Joisted ceiling. Foot of one curved roof truss visible, papered over on front wall.
Included as a late Georgian style farmhouse with substantial end-entry older house attached, retaining the thatched roof.
Other nearby listed buildings