History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old house, with attached farm buildings, at Felin Fach

A Grade II Listed Building in Pencarreg, Carmarthenshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0967 / 52°5'48"N

Longitude: -4.0933 / 4°5'35"W

OS Eastings: 256703

OS Northings: 246332

OS Grid: SN567463

Mapcode National: GBR DR.B1B6

Mapcode Global: VH4GX.0KDH

Entry Name: Old house, with attached farm buildings, at Felin Fach

Listing Date: 23 June 2003

Last Amended: 23 June 2003

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 81235

Building Class: Domestic

Location: On the Teifi floodplain approximately 1km SW of Cwmann church, reached by farm road on the N side of the A485.

County: Carmarthenshire

Community: Pencarreg

Community: Pencarreg

Locality: Cwmann

Traditional County: Carmarthenshire

Find accommodation in
Lampeter

History

Early C19 and shown on the 1841 Tithe map with its attached cow house. An additional range attached to the house is shown on the 1888 Ordnance Survey. The house has probably not been inhabited since a new house was built in the C20.

Exterior

A 2-storey 2-window house of whitened rubble stone and corrugated metal roof with stone stack to the R. Openings are offset to the L. They have wooden lintels and comprise a central doorway and windows with replaced small-pane glazing in the lower storey and without glazing above. Set back on the R side is a lower former cow house, of whitened rubble stone and slate roof. It has 3 doorways with ventilation strips and broad but shallow windows. An added lower range is in line against the L gable end, separated from it by a vertical joint. It has a single lintelled doorway, loft opening in the gable end and boarded-up opening to the rear. The house has an added flat-roofed projection at the rear.

Interior

Not accessible at the time of inspection.

Reasons for Listing

Listed as a well-preserved early C19 farmstead, of a type once characteristic of the region.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Dolau-Gwyrddon Uchaf
    Situated on W side of track some 700m from A 475, with junction some 200 m E of former church at Pentre-bach.
  • II Dol-Drement
    Situated off lane running N from A 475 at Pentre-bach, some 200 m N of junction.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.