This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9736 / 52°58'24"N
Longitude: -2.7391 / 2°44'20"W
OS Eastings: 350461
OS Northings: 342058
OS Grid: SJ504420
Mapcode National: GBR 7J.JM52
Mapcode Global: WH89G.WJT7
Entry Name: Former shippons at Iscoyd Park
Listing Date: 20 October 2005
Last Amended: 20 October 2005
Source ID: 85489
Location: On the N and E sides of the former stock yard at Iscoyd Par, NE of the house and immediately S of the walled garden.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Iscoyd Park was built in the early C18 and was extended by William Hanmer in 1747. From 1780 it was owned by Rev Richard Congreve (d 1782) and his descendants, who sold it to Philip Lake Godsal in 1843. The shippons are part of a stock yard created after its purchase by Philip Lake Godsal, and are shown on the 1873 Ordnance Survey. They were converted to other uses in the late C20.
Former shippons forming an L-shaped block enclosing 2 sides of the stock yard, of brick with slate roofs. At the NE end is a higher section under a tile roof, now converted, which has a central half-lit door flanked by small-pane iron-frame windows (opening lights have been removed), all under segmental heads. Against its R gable end is a lower cart shed, weatherboarded with slate roof, and open in the gable end. The shippon range has boarded doors at the ends and R of centre, and 4 windows, 3 of which have replacement 3-light small-pane casements, while the R-hand retains a steel-framed farm window. The L end abuts the former laundry (listed separately). The return also abuts the laundry, and has a 3-light replacement window at the R end, then a boarded door, 2 doorways in the centre and half-lit door further L.
Listed, notwithstanding alteration, as a key component in the mid C19 development of a stock yard at Iscoyd Park, and for its contribution to the historical integrity of the house and its outbuildings.
Other nearby listed buildings