This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2034 / 53°12'12"N
Longitude: -3.1473 / 3°8'50"W
OS Eastings: 323464
OS Northings: 367987
OS Grid: SJ234679
Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.2412
Mapcode Global: WH76Z.MRH1
Entry Name: L-plan farm range at Mynachlog
Listing Date: 26 November 2007
Last Amended: 26 November 2007
Source ID: 87545
Location: c1km W of Northop on a minor lane (The Green); adjacent to the line of Wat's Dyke. The farm-buildings form the NW and SW ranges of a yard, enclosed to the SE by the house.
Community: Northop (Llaneurgain)
Traditional County: Flintshire
The house and farm of Mynachlog were Westminster estate property in the C19. The main farm-building range is dated 1850, though the barn appears to be earlier. The character of the house also suggests somewhat earlier origins - perhaps closer to 1820.
L-plan farm range comprising barn to SW and cow and cattle housing and cartshed range to NW, linked by a short length of later walling. The long NW range is dated 1850, but from the character of the stonework, the barn appears to be earlier - perhaps early C19. Barn is coarse rubble construction with slate roof and tiled ridge: Former high central doorway with brick-arched blocked (perhaps mid C20?), and a 3-light window inserted. Similar window to left, with 3 blocked vents above it.
Long NW range comprised milking parlour, cattle and cart sheds. Dated 1850, it is clearly a more sophisticated construction than the adjacent barn: also sandstone, but squared, and with ashlar dressings, including gable openings only in the right hand section. A series of doors and windows, all with shallow arched lintels ( excepting one doorway towards centre). Date inscribed on one window head. To the right, 2 shallow arched cart entries with doorway to loft staircase to their left. 2 glazed windows over cart shed, and 2 other first floor beyond, one retaining wooden shutters.
Listed as a fine planned estate farmyard retaining original mid C19 character virtually intact.
Other nearby listed buildings