This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.064 / 51°3'50"N
Longitude: -1.7998 / 1°47'59"W
OS Eastings: 414126
OS Northings: 129429
OS Grid: SU141294
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.7S8
Mapcode Global: FRA 7639.QN9
Entry Name: 68a, the Close
Listing Date: 12 October 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023628
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319055
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
SU 1429 SW 5/443
Includes former stables of No 68 qv C18 and later alterations. 2 storeys
red brick and some grey headers. The residential part nearest road restored
with new tile hanging to 1st floor. Hipped old tile roof. 4 renewed casements
facing south, 1st floor, canted bay and similar casement on ground floor.
Shaped brackets to flat hood over door. The former stables to west end of
range have irregular leaded 2 light casements. 1 dormer window. Camber headed
leaded casements on ground floor and tall segmental arched double coach house
doors. The walling in this part has some reused old stonework.
All the listed buildings in the Close form an outstanding group.
Listing NGR: SU1413829429
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings